Monday, September 23, 2013

Sheet structure

As I promised, here's the sheet structure I just made!

At the top left is a bird's eye view of a single sheet. At the top right corner is two sheets layered above each other. From this view you can see that the sheets do not stack directly on top of each other in an AAA... fashion; they actually stack in an ABAB... manner. At the bottom left, I have just rotated the the top right picture so you can see the sheets from the side. At the bottom right, I have added more sheets (the other pictures have sheets removed for clarity) so that the ABAB... pattern is more obvious.


As chemical research project comes to a close, I've spent this last week in lab tying up loose ends rather than trying to find more structures. I have taken some nice IR spectra that confirm the presence of certain functional groups (like C=O and NO3) in the crystals. Other than that, I am getting things together for my final report and project talk.

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment